2014 Thanksgiving Letter from Rick Gannon
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed the long weekend. It felt more like Christmas with the snow and the cold but I guess it will prepare us for the 27th annual Greg Gannon Canned Food Drive! This year's drive is proving to be the biggest drive ever, with more new families joining than ever before and new territories to accommodate the additional participants.
- The spirit of the community is one of the best things about the GGCFD. Since we moved the collection point to GEICO many years ago, so the only real opportunity to share the experience is at BS before we start.
- The Steeles will have coffee, hot chocolate and donuts as usual. What's not to love and it will save you a trip and money to Dunkin or Starbucks!
- The guest speaker will have an impact on you as to why we do this. I heard him speak at the St Patrick's GGCFD this year and he was very moving.
- The kids and adults like seeing each other and energy comes with numbers!
- We are giving away two Blessed Sacrament Christmas trees. We will have a free raffle. No money required, but must be present to win.
- We are not going to have lunch this year in the cafeteria after the drive, so this is your only chance to catch up with the over 500 people that are out there with you collecting 100,000 cans.
- Finally, Santa is watching you!